Thursday, January 04, 2007

Whence Negroponte?

Confederate Yankee: Lateral or Downward? The Negroponte Shuffle discusses the possible reasons for Negroponte's move from Director of National Intelligence to Deputy Secretary of State.

Following a tangent in the comments section, I posted:

As to 2008.

I think the obvious, but overlooked, ticket for the left is Clinton/Clinton. There's no clause preventing a former President from serving as a Vice-President, is there?

;-)

As to an pleasing (sounding) ticket for the other party, how about Rice/Bol (as in Mnute Bol the former NBA star)?

Actually, I think I'd like Rice/Thompson (Fred) for '08.


Update: Commenter Jack over at Confederate Yankee educates me regarding my ignorance of the 12th Amendment. To wit,
Twelve Ammendment (sic):

" .... But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."


I loooooove the self-correcting nature of the blogosphere. Imagine if we can get our Congresscritters to interact with us in such a manner.